Thursday 5 March 2009

The piano players daughter 3


Rain on window.
Misty images of you.
When you come home I will run to see you
but I will feel alone

How many keys are there on a piano? 88. You didnt tell me that because you dont tell me that kind of thing. I know because I count them everytime you play. I count them with my fingers when you are not around. Mostly I count them after the heat of your fingers have left them to me. Do you have to go out tonight daddy? I miss you so much. Rain on window slam the door droplets trickle down with the vibration of your leaving. My heart is pounding incase you dont return and then I will no longer be the piano players daughter. I will be no one at all.
My mind has become like the mist on the window. Blurred images of my life.

Dont bring anyone home
tonight daddy
I want to be alone.

They leave as they came. With their not my fault faces.Lips fresh from their wives and stolen on mine.But I am not here when they are and im still not here when they leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment